Well, here goes my first post. Although it isn’t quite New Year’s yet, I have decided to go ahead and write out my 2014 goals/ resolutions in order to give myself some time to prepare. I know I am going to have a lot of goals, but that is because I truly want to change my college lifestyle to live a healthier, happier life.
So (note to self):
- Eat Healthy. That means NO fast food. Quit being lazy and COOK something. Smaller portions. More fruit and veggies. Abstain from beer as much as possible. No soda.
- Workout/Stay Active. GO to the gym every day. It doesn’t matter what time (it’s open 24 hours, duh). Run, run, run. And walk. Get rid of that stress. Try yoga. Lift weights. Always take the stairs.
- Quit smoking. You want to be a doctor someday. It’s a bit ironic. It’s a waste of money (that you need to be saving for more important things). It smells. It’s bad for your hair, teeth, and eyes… oh yea not to mention YOUR LUNGS.
- Get at least a 3.8. Quit slacking off. Quit getting on Facebook and procrastinating. Start this new semester off on a good start. Get organized. Stay on top of things. Write everything down. STUDY STUDY STUDY. Go to extra help. Get to know your professors. YOUR FUTURE IS COUNTING ON THIS.
- Go to Church more. Quit being lazy. Quit making excuses. God should be your first priority. Always.
- Be humble. Be confident. Be thankful. Be kind. Be courageous. Be generous. Be patient. NEVER GIVE UP (on these goals especially).
- Don’t take your family and friends for granted. I know you are busy, but try to keep in touch with them as much as possible. Go out of your way. Make a bigger effort. Show them you love them. Make them smile. It’s the little things.
I, HEREBY STATE THAT I WILL TRY MY HARDEST TO DO MY BEST AT ACHIEVING ALL OF THESE GOALS.
May the odds be ever in my favor…